Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 2.03.21 AM
Third “Blood Moon” of the 2014-2015 Tetrad [“Live” Shots]

Well, what a night! Elizabeth and I finished watching a movie just before midnight. We were both quite sleepy. She went to bed and read for a while. I went out to watch the Full Moon for a while.

The start of the third Blood Moon of the 2014/2015 tetrad was at 12:15 AM. The total eclipse was to occur between 1:57 AM and 2:03 AM.  That seemed like not two but twenty hours away.  I was so sleepy at the time.

And then something amazing happened. By the time I returned to the house, Elizabeth was already in the Spirit realm.  But I was wide awake.

So I turned on the NASA “live” webcam of the Moon on my computer which showed a view of the Moon from the Griffith observatory in LA.  And then I went outside to set up my camera and binoculars.

Nothing fancy, like the NASA equipment.  Just a Canon G12 on a tripod. Which I kept having to bring in and out of our lanai roof because of occasional misting. And even rain showers. However, there were also enough clear sky periods during which I could take pictures.

Over time, I will edit and post them here. For now, I just wanted to share with you the first and the last shots of the total eclipse – as seen nearly simultaneously from the Rainbow Shower in Maui, Hawaii and Los Angeles, CA.

Wax Wane Blood Moon

“Live,” nearly simultaneous photos from Maui and LA, CA
IMG_4615 ScreenShot 2015-04-04 at 1.57.32 AM

IMG_4622 Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 2.03.21 AM

And now, here are some of the other shots taken from Maui and Los Angeles and the Full Moon-Lunar Eclipse progressed…

Full Moon 4-04-15 IMG_4608 Eclipse startScreen Shot 2015-04-04 at 12.25.49 AM IMG_4609  Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 1.47.56 AM  IMG_4612

A Little Astronomy-Geography Fun Eye Test

And now, here’s a little astronomy-geography eye test for you. Take a look at this image.

LA-Hawaii Blood Moon

It is the same Blood Moon photographed from three different geographic locations at roughly the same time. Notice something different about it? Can you explain it?

Here’s a hint. This is the same left (New Zealand) image flipped upside-down:

NZ Blood Moon upside-down

Okay. So when you live in the Southern Hemisphere, you see the same sky as we do in the North, only upside-down.

Wonders of the internet. You learn something new every day. Or two… Take a look at this image:

IMG_4615

Again, the same Blood Moon. Notice something different between the one seen in Hawaii vs. Los Angeles?

Answer: The Hawaii one is wearing its white (solar) cap to the right of center. The LA one to the left.

The reason? That’s because Maui is 2,500 miles southwest of LA. So the viewing angle is different.

Fun with astro facts and pics, huh? 🙂

First Post-Blood Moon Rainbow

This afternoon, within 15 hours of the Blood Moon. we witnessed our first post-Lunar Eclipse rainbow.  Here it is as seen from the Eucalyptus Hill, across the gulch from our home…

IMG_3667

Blood Orange in Arizona: Precursor of Lunar Tetrad?
As Lee W Manning, my Facebook friend from the UK, shared this post, he added a comment:
“Blood Moon…Did you eat a blood orange to celebrate? Or turn into a werewolf ?” Lol wink emoticon
To which I replied:
HOW IMPORTANT WAS THIS “BLOOD MOON”?

How important was this celestial event and this Blood Moon tetrad? Well, judge for yourself.

• First, this was the shortest Blood Moon/total eclipse of this (21st) century.   The shortest ever occurred in 1529*.
  • Second, there will not be another “Biblical Tetrad” for almost 600 years.

Do you think that was important enough to stay awake for?  Well, my Spirit guides certainly thought so when they kicked the sleepy dust out of my eyes so I could witness and record this amazing event for all of our sakes, especially those in Europe and Africa who did not have a chance to see it.

* * *

(c) National Trust, Petworth House; Supplied by The Public Catalogue Foundation maryeworth*NOTE ABOUT THE 1529 ECLIPSE: I was two at the time, incarnated then the future King Phillip II of Spain, Netherlands and the New World – and of England while married to Mary I (born May 21, 1527 in Valladolid, Spain).  Elizabeth was also around. She was 13 at the time, incarnated as my future wife – Queen Mary I of England, daughter of Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon (born Feb 18, 1516 in Greenwich, England).

In a parallel incarnation, I was also around back then (1529) as Hatun Bob Altzar shadowBob-Shaman-July-2008Watana, the high shaman of the Inca Imperial Court. The empire was then at its apex. Francisco Pizarro, the leader of Conquistadors who would topple the Inca empire in 1572,  returned to Spain in 1529 where he was granted the license to conquer Peru by the Queen of Spain.

So what is the significance of incarnating at the time of shortest lunar eclipses in history?

That’s the question I need to ponder during our planned Easter Sunrise ceremony tomorrow morning atop Haleakala, Maui’s 10,000 ft volcano on whose slopes the Rainbow Shower lies.  Weather permitting, of course.

* * *

Here are more scientific details about the lunar tetrads…

NASA says there will be 12,064 lunar eclipses between -1999 BC and +3000 AD.

Of these 12,064 lunar eclipses, 3,479 will be total lunar eclipses.  That’s an average of less than one total lunar eclipse per year.

During that time there will be 142 Lunar Tetrads (four total lunar eclipses in a row, with no intervening partial lunar eclipse).  62 will occur between 1 AD and 2100 AD.  Of the 62, 8 will occur on Biblical Feast Days, so they are called “Biblical Tetrads”.  The 8th “Biblical Tetrad” occurs in 2014-2015 and there will not be another “Biblical Tetrad” for almost 600 years.  We are in the time of this tetrad now.

* * *

Third “Blood Moon” of the 2014-2015 TetradBlood Moon Apr 2015
“BLOOD MOON” – TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE

Tonight’s Full Moon in Libra will be another “Blood Moon,” i.e. a total Lunar Eclipse. It will be visible in much of the world, including Hawaii – 2AM Apr 4 (see http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2015-april-4). Also see “Blood Moon” of Apr 15, 2014 – http://wp.me/p1jFeo-Dh – as Elizabeth and I saw it in Arizona.

This Total Lunar Eclipse or “Blood Moon” will be visible in North America, South America, Asia and parts of Australia. The Moon will be totally eclipsed (totality) for about 5 minutes. From beginning to end, it will last for 3 hours and 29 mins. This is the third eclipse in the 2014–2015 tetrad.

Full moon in Libra

At almost the exact same time (2 AM in Hawaii), we will experience the Full Moon in Libra.

Let us commemorate and honor both of these momentous events tonight/tomorrow morning.

The exact time of the next full moon in HONOLULU is = Saturday, 4th April 2015, 02:05:36 am (HAST), Moon sign: Libra 14° 24′

Here you find this time converted into different timezones for other cities:

WELLINGTON = Sunday * 5th April 2015 * 01:05:36 am (NZDT)
SYDNEY = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 11:05:36 pm (AEDT)
TOKYO = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 09:05:36 pm (JST)
BEIJING = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 08:05:36 pm (CST)
BANGKOK = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 07:05:36 pm (ICT)
DELHI = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 05:35:36 pm (IST)
DUBAI = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 04:05:36 pm (GST)
MOSCOW = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 03:05:36 pm (MSK)
BERLIN = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 02:05:36 pm (CEST)
LAGOS = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 01:05:36 pm (WAT)
LONDON = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 01:05:36 pm (BST)
RIO = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 09:05:36 am (BRT)
SANTIAGO = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 09:05:36 am (CLST)
NEW YORK = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 08:05:36 am (EDT)
MEXICO CITY = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 06:05:36 am (CST)
CALGARY = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 06:05:36 am (MDT)
LOS ANGELES = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 05:05:36 am (PDT)
ANCHORAGE = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 04:05:36 am (AKDT)
HONOLULU = Saturday * 4th April 2015 * 02:05:36 am (HAST

Lunar Concerto for Blood Moon

LUNAR ECLIPSE-BLOOD MOON CONCERTO & BALLET

– A music video by Bob Altzar Djurdjevic

– The Mozart Clarinet Concerto performed by Altzar in celebration of the Apr 15, 2014, Oct 8, 2014 and Apr 4, 2015 celestial events
“Let us rejoice and bather in the beauty of Mother Moon-Mama Quilla, the Blood Moon” – prayer download on Apr 9, 2014

* * *

Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 7.54.02 AM Screen Shot 2014-04-12 at 7.54.18 AM

Check out also “BLOOD MOON LUNAR ECLIPSE ON APR 15: START OF CELESTIAL TETRAD” for more details on this special event –  http://wp.me/p1jFeo-Bz

And, “BLOOD MOON: DEBUNKING THE DOOMSAYERS” (Apr 7, 2014)

* * *

GIANT RING AROUND MOON: HARBINGER OF UPCOMING “BLOOD MOON” #3?

RAINBOW SHOWER,  Maui, Apr 3, 2015 – Last night-early this morning, just after midnight Hawaii time, the nearly Full Moon in Libra cast a giant ring around it.  I told Elizabeth about it when I got back into the house, and asked her if she wanted to see it. She declined.

And today, I was stunned to discover while writing this story that a nearly identical thing happened the night before the last Blood Moon, on Oct 7, 2014.  Except that back then we were in Scottsdale, Arizona. And now we are at our Maui home.

How does one explain that? We all know that there is no such thing as a “coincidence.”

I did not take any picture of the giant halo last night. So here is nearly identical one from six months ago.

Ring Moon 10-06-14

GIANT RING AROUND MOON: HARBINGER OF UPCOMING “BLOOD MOON” #2?

EAGLE’s NEST, Scottsdale, Oct 7, 2014 – Last night after 10 PM, the nearly Full Moon in Aries cast a giant ring around it. Just like its predecessor four weeks ago. Except that Elizabeth and I watched last night’s giant moon ring in Arizona. And one month ago, we saw the same thing 3,000 miles away in Hawaii (see RAINBOW MOON GROWS A GIANT HALO, Sep 7, 2014).

Take a look…

Ring Moon 10-06-14 IMG_4158 (These shots have been slightly enhanced to show the ring more clearly as I took them with just an ordinary camera without any special settings for low light photography)

Has anyone else seen such a giant ring around the Moon last night?  If so, let me know. If not, then I’ll know that this celestial phenomenon was meant just for Elizabeth and me. Like that Rainbow Moon back in Maui.

Except that this one is a harbinger of the “Blood Moon” due at 3:54 AM this coming night.  And since the forecast is calling for stormy skies here in Scottsdale, maybe the Spirit wanted to give us a preview by casting this giant ring the night before. 🙂

* * *

GOD’S FRIDAY, FULL MOON-“BLOOD MOON” (#3)

Today (Apr 3, 2015) is Good Friday. Every year on this day, I ask myself the question: “What’s so ‘good’ about the ‘Good Friday’ on which a holy man was brutally tortured and crucified?

So this year, I decided to do a little research. And have found out that English was the only language that uses the epithet “good” for something so obviously “bad.”

Crucifixion

In German, for example, the day is called Karfreitag, or “Sorrowful Friday.” In most other languages I know, this day is called Holy Friday.

In English, in fact, some believe the term “Good” was developed from an older name, “God’s Friday.”

So have a Good God’s Friday!

Separated from this momentous day by just a couple of hours here in Hawaii is this year’s Full Moon in Libra. And it will be another “Blood Moon,” i.e. a total Lunar Eclipse for much of the world, including Hawaii (see http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2015-april-4).

EINE KLEINE NACHTMUSIK – a new rendition recorded on Oct 17, 2014 in gratitude for Hurricane Ana bypassing Hawaii

* * *